Oﬀering a world-class education founded on an elaborated UK preparatory curriculum
Curriculum: UK preparatory curriculum (Early Years Foundation Stage: EYFS)
Language of Instruction: English
The Little Learners Nursery curriculum uses the English Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum as a framework combining it with the GEMS core values and specially written Little Learners Nursery programmes designed to promote cognitive development though movement, music, world languages and digi learning.
Half termly topics are planned to include the following areas of learning:
- personal, social and emotional development: supporting children to have confidence and the ability to form positive relationships;
- physical development: helping children to understand the importance of physical activity and making healthy choices; providing opportunities for the development of balance, coordination and control;
- communication, language and literacy: providing opportunities for children to listen and express themselves in a range of situations; supporting children to read and write with confidence;
- mathematics: providing children with opportunities to explore and practically solve problems applying and developing their skills in counting, using addition/subtraction; multiplication/division; shape, space and measure;
- understanding the world: providing opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment;
- expressive arts and design: enabling children to explore their ideas and feelings using a variety of media and materials; providing a range of activities in art, music, dance, role-play, drama and design technology.
Continuous assessment ensures that the learning pathway of each child is closely tracked and monitored. We ensure that there is challenge for the more able and provision for children with additional needs. Through effective teaching practice we support, embed and extend learning throughout the daily learning pathway of each child.
If you would like to discover more about our learning journey, please call 04 348 6260.